- In a pot, add water and potatoes and bring it to a boil. Add sea salt, cover, and over medium heat, leaving the lid slightly ajar to prevent from boiling over, cook for 10 minutes or until a skewer goes through the potato easily. Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and drain completely. Place the potatoes in a sieve or strainer to drip dry for a few minutes. Then add the potatoes to a bowl, season with sea salt and pepper and mash with a fork.
- In the meantime, chop the onion and add it to a pan along with the pork mince. Over a medium heat fry off for about 5 minutes, stirring and using a spoon to break up the mince. Add the cabbage and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook until there is no longer any liquid and the mince is golden brown. Turn off heat and pour in Chang’s Teriyaki Sauce and Tamari Soy sauce. Stir through to combine well.
- Bring it together by adding the mince mixture to the potatoes along with the green onions, grated carrot and freshly minced garlic.
- Start making the croquette patties in an oval shape approximately 5cm long and 3cm wide. Lay them out onto a tray lined with baking paper. Once all croquettes are made, cover with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This is an important step in helping keep them together whilst frying.
- Prepare a wide bowl each with flour, whisked eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Coat each croquette in flour, then dip into the whisked egg and finally coat in crumbs. Repeat the process for all croquettes. Optional to dip back into the egg mixture and breadcrumbs a second time for a thicker and crunchier coating.
- Once they have all been coated, warm the cooking oil in a frying pan and over medium heat, fry on three sides until golden for 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining croquettes. Drain on paper towel. Cook in 2 batches to not overcrowd the pan.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Options: Serve as finger food or as a main meal alongside our Crispy Noodle Salad.