Steamed Fish in Oyster Sauce
- Combine the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl, and place the fish fillets in the marinade, making sure all sides are coated well. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes, turning over half way through.
- Place onto the stove top a flat bottom saucepan and heat before adding the oil, brown onion and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Place the fish fillets into the pan, on top of the onion and garlic, and pour the marinade and Shaoxing Wine over the top. Place the lid, reduce heat to low and ‘steam’ cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, do not lift the lid, and allow sitting for a further 3 minutes. In the meantime cook the bok choy (recipe below).
- Using a fork, check if the fish has been cooked. Place the fork, at an angle at the thickest point, and twist gently. The fish will flake easily when it is done and it will lose its raw appearance.
- Once cooked, garnish with the green onions, remove from the pan and serve alongside steamed rice and/ or Garlic and Soy Bok Choy.
Optional: add extra flavour and sprinkle chilli flakes or slices of fresh chilli.
Garlic and Soy Bok Choy
- Add to a wok the vegetable oil and heat. Add the garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bok choy, Tamari Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil and toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with freshly cracked pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve.