- Add the chopped red cabbage to a pot, add just enough water to cover ¾ of the cabbage and bring it to a boil. Do not add excess water.
- In the meantime, coat the chicken with the ingredients listed for fried chicken. Heat enough to shallow fry (you can also use an air fryer as an alternative) and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown. Set aside.
- Once the cabbage water boils, remove the pot from heat, and discard the cabbage pieces. Add the noodles and let them soak for at least 10 mins.
- While the noodles are soaking, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and fry off green chillies until golden.
- Next, add sliced onions then bullhorn peppers, the sauce, fried chicken, and cubed onions and toss to combine. Sautee for a maximum of 2 mins to avoid soggy vegetables. Finish off with chilli flakes and spring onions.
- Drain the noodles and add just a few drops of lemon juice and watch the colour change! Assemble your spicy fried chicken, the noodles and the sauce and enjoy!
This recipe can be adapted to be gluten-free.