- Marinate the salmon pieces with the ingredients listed for the grilled salmon and set them aside to marinate. Make the marinade in excess as they will be used to make the sauce later.
- Cook Chang’s Pad Thai rice noodles as per the packet’s instructions. Run under cold water and set aside to drain.
- Roughly chop the coriander, mint and parsley and add them to a blender jar. Add 3 minced garlic cloves, and lemon juice and blend it into a smooth paste. Add a small amount of water if required.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a wok and fry off the remaining minced garlic, then add the herb paste and fry off until it is moisture-free. It will be quite thick in consistency but should not be too sticky because of the oil in the wok. Adjust the oil according to this.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles and mix to coat the noodles completely. Finish off with another tablespoon of sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Skewer the marinated salmon pieces using pre-soaked skewers (to prevent them from burning). Lightly grease the grill pan with oil and grill the skewers on each side for 1 min max for juicy and just-cooked salmon. Brush the sides with the marinade to prevent them from drying out.
- In the same pan, fry off the leftover marinade until it is thick in consistency to make the sauce.
- Assemble the noodles, the skewers and the sauce and enjoy!
The recipe can be adapted to be gluten-free.